For Grants that are $1,000 and above, the annual grant cycle runs from July 15 – September 15. Requests for grants less than $1,000 outside of the annual grant cycle can still be submitted online. Submission of organization 501(c3) status, project overview, contact information, and how the grant will be utilized must be included in the grant submission.
The Nashwauk Area Community Fund supports projects that:
- Significantly benefit the community for the resources invested
- Are creative, innovative, and address community needs
- Eliminate duplication of services and encourage cooperation
- Increase volunteer involvement and commitment to community needs
- Leverage other resources
The Nashwauk Area Community Fund will not grant for the following:
- Religious groups for religious purposes
- Fundraising events or activities
- Marketing (non-program) Materials: [Examples: videotapes, brochures, and advertising]
- Grants to individuals
- Government agencies unless in collaboration with 501(c)(3) agency program request
- Grants outside the Buck Lake, Nashwauk, Pengilly, and Lone Pine Townships
- Travel or conferences
Steps to take to apply for a grant
- Applications must be turned in by September 30th.
- Go to https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=gracf
- Create a New Account if your organization doesn’t already have one
- Once the account is approved follow the process to submitting a grant request.
If you have questions, please contact one of the Nashwauk Area Community Fund board members or call our partner Grand Rapids Community Foundation at 218-999-9100.